November 5, 2010

Tel Aviv

Preface: I'm struggling a little with the food in the JC. It turns out there's a large variety of weird sauces they can put on food. And, because weird sauces and I do not get along, let's just say I end up eating a lot of toast these days. Believe it or not, toast gets old after awhile. End of preface.

In September we had a few free afternoons when we went out into the city. One of these days we went to a pizza place by the Austrian Hospice and it was SO good. At least to me it was. Why? Because it wasn't toast. Also, because we were in the Muslim quarter of the Old City, the pizza wasn't kosher. Meaning it had pepperoni. Best news ever. All of my pizza experiences have been kosher besides this place. And if you ask me, which you did since you're reading my blog, that's an easy way to make The Place By The Austrian Hospice the best pizza ever.

Amy, me, Morgan, and Alyssa waiting for our pizza. Notice the Arabic on our cans. :)



A few days later about 50 of us took some taxi's to Tel Aviv. It was SO fun. I got to try my first gelato ever. Verdict? I'm in love. I got the Kinder Bueno kind, having no clue what Kinder was. Little did I know how addicted I would be to Kinder candy bars within less than a month. I strongly recommend them. Pretty sure I'm now dependent.

Me, Lindsey, and RaeLynn by the Gelato place.
The best part of the Tel Aviv trip? Getting to play in the Mediterranean! I just love going to the beach.So, so much.

me & Lindsey, loving the Mediterranean.
I was still getting to know everyone at this point, and I finally got to know Jocelyn on this trip. I just love this girl. She has got one of the cutest laughs I've ever heard. I seriously LOVE our little JC family. Everyone is so amazing.

Jocelyn, Lindsey, me
 
Confession: The only problem with the Tel Aviv trip was that the second I set foot on the beach, I immediately began to re-think my potential plans to go to Provo. I'm still not sure I'm ready to give up Hawaii. AHHH!! I just love Hawaii so much. The good news is I was talking about my impending decision w/ Justin a few nights ago, you know, just evaluating the pro's and con's for the millionth time this semester, and he summed it up really well. I'm pretty much choosing between a place I love (Hawaii) and people I love (Provo). Excellent point. Definitely gives me more to think about. Justin is so wise. I must point out that this was also the same night he said, "I have trained my mind to urinate without my body following." (In referring to his ability to NOT wet the bed. Always a good trait.) See what I mean? So, so wise.

2 comments:

Cade and Kelsie said...

I also am in love with gelato! We ate it almost every day of our Germany trip! Wish I had some. Cade has had lots of Kinder but does not remember Kinder Bueno.

Unknown said...

How about melting a Kinder between two slices of toast--a chocolate sandwich! That's one thing about Provo: lots of good food. More normal than Jerusalem, less expensive than Hawaii, and (hopefully) bug-free!